Two Poems By Anwer Ghani







Cold Darkness
 
My friends are so polite and they always try to drink the clean water but unfortunately we are in the same cold darkness. I am a man of the twenty-first century and my legs had dipped in the soul of earth as an old cow. We don't like darkness or its cold voice but my hand was frosted as a woman coat and my friends' hearts were hung on the absent trees. You may see the lights and grasp their chants but the real face of all of these illusions is a cold darkness.


 

 Cold Daughters

Our sun has a thick veil and many daughters. I saw them walking in our streets but they are lightless and cold. Everything here is icy and silent even our evenings which they were travelling between the ambergris as a blind grasshopper. They are eating all the beauty and building on our tired shoulders all the glory. Please don’t ask me about their skirts or hair because in addition to my blindness they have cloudy faces.









Anwer Ghani is an Iraqi poet and writer. He was born in 1973 in Hilla. He is the author of "Narratopoet"; (Inventives Cloud 2017), "Antipoetic Poems"; (Creat Spacee 2017), "TRUMP"; a poetry collection, (Inner Child Press 2017) and "The Narratolyric Writing"; essays (Smashwords 2017). His name has appeared in  Otoliths, Adelaide, November Bees, Zarf, Peacock, Eunioa, Rabbit and many others. Anwer had 40 books in literature and religious sciences in Arabic.