Two Poems by Anjali Denandee





The Ruminant

Then I was a girl. I lived in Chaitanyabati village. At afternoon, I played on the bank of the river Damadar. I watched that so many cows were returning in their sheds. Their mouths were covered by net musks so they were trying to eat the plants of the fields which were side of their way but couldn't eat for the net musks. But they tried and tried again and again. Ultimately, they reached in their destinations in the sheds. They were ruminants so they were chewing again. Then, I came back from the playing field to my house just at evening. Then my mother enlightened our house with lamps. She showed that lamp-light to the cow's shed also. And I was always with her as her shadow. Now I am in New Delhi like the ruminant I am working with my past memories now


I am not I am

I am the cloud. Yet, I am nothing. When I gift my water as rain, then I am not I am. I become satisfied after the raining from me. By my rain, the Earth becomes very happy! But, I am finished by own self, by me. And never come back, as same as the lives of the Earth, who dyi, they never return. Yes, I am only for sacrifice. Though, I am ever free yet, I come down by the attraction of the Earth, on it.












 Anjali Denandee, India