My eternal farewell letter by Josep Juarez










Fragment

We were two dreams united by a thin thread that formed a great dream, like the child playing with his comet. Sometimes I was afraid of this dream, because in the end the child was always crying to his comet, but to see it fly for me was extraordinary, so without fear, without fear of flying higher, without fear of losing me.
You were a comet full of dreams, of distant dreams like the stars, but you did not seem to care much, since you just wanted to fly giving your maximum effort, feel the air in your face, feel the breeze of your dreams soaking your body . I think sometimes she lost herself so much in her dreams that she forgot about me, the child holding her with the thin thread, the child who clutched her feet on the ground to keep her flight steady, the child who wanted to walk a path Firmly at his side, but it was so, as that afternoon the wind blew stronger than usual and you far from frightened because the wind was blowing very strong, felt inside him the adrenaline to be able to fly higher. She moved her kite wings as if she wanted to get out of the thread that held her. I clung to my feet on the ground, but the dreaded moment came. The thread that held us could no longer, the strength of our dreams was greater separately than the slim dream that united us.
And so my amazement was enormous to see it fly so high without the need to need me.
That day our dream broke. You were flying through the skies without control or direction, but it did not seem to matter. I, after watching her lose in the sky, I lowered my eyes, I sat down and I started to cry. But the more I gave, I was as sentimental as the air, as foolish as rock. I always loved her with all my heart, perhaps because I do not know how to love otherwise, and this to some extent caused me problems because then I demanded an equal love, a love that I loved with all my heart or rather I did not love. That is, and always will be, a very obscure part of me. I do not know why it hurt so much that you will slowly stop doing those little details you always had with me. For me that was like the beginning of a terminal illness that little by little, with his forgetfulness, with his carelessness, brought my person closer to death.







 Josep Juarez, Mexico.