Blissful Ignorance by Anita J Hamrick






 My rage is put back in a cage once again. Gently you lock the door with hopes of no more pain shall I feel. These walls will not forgive me as I have already forgiven you. The cold steel bars are nothing to your warm touch. Protect me from myself and my invisible tears. My smile is a lie in its self. Ahhh, the silly things we do to feel loved. Blinded by all things that are real and drawn in to a world of fantasy no matter how unreal it may seem. The lie that pulls us forward into the next. The blissful ignorance of the truth only sets us free until we are confronted with our greatest fears. Even then we can't see beyond what we want to see. Blind eyes that see all but never dear to open Pandora's box because of the unknown of the unfamiliar and the thoughts and realization that we are all alone. What do lovers do when their love has been washed away and our true colors shine through? Wait don't tell me... I don't think I want to know. My cage is not strong enough to watch you destroy my perfect image of you.








Anita J Hamrick, USA