You’re my Salve and Balm by Walid Boureghda


 You’re my Salve and Balm
  Walid Boureghda


The heart is bleeding words that I find it hard to unveil. Thoughts are squeezing up my mind; they have left a myriad of scars in every corner of both my heart and soul. You are the only one in this life, dear, who can cleanse my wounds and be such a balsam salving my sighs. So please, darling, come to me; my yearning for our romantic tryst is killing me softly – Only you can bring me back from the edge of death.









Walid Boureghda is a 39 year-old Algerian poet, working as an Administrative Executive at Sonatrach-Agip Group. He holds a B.A degree in the English Language and Literature from the University of BATNA in Algeria. He draws inspiration for his poetry from his unceasing love of his beloved wife. He also writes about spreading peace over the world and dispelling hatred and bigotry.