The Sea by Patricia Amundsen


The Sea
Patricia Amundsen


The Sea is dark today white frills play on the tips of each wave as it finds its destiny on the shore.  I think back on the days of my childhood on Kangaroo Island where from my window in the loft of our cozy home I sat gazing longingly at the wildness of the island ocean wondering how and what moved its’ might.  From where did it come, what secrets it holds and why do some people live in the sea and others on land.  Why can’t I live in the sea, my child’s mind thought. Each fragment of Earth is vibrant with life.  Why is it here filled with so many delights?  Simply God’s living Masterpiece, that’s what we must be, thought this tiniest brushstroke watching the Sea.





I am Patricia Amundsen, Lover of God, Poet, Artist, and Broadcaster, from Kangaroo Island, South Australia, student of Nature and Humanity, now a resident of Valla Beach, Australia.  I endeavour to allow the Universal knowledge to flow freely through poetry, essays and stories, all with messages of Love to nurture Hearts and feed the One Soul.  Peace be with you.