THE TREE by Josep Juarez





THE TREE
Josep Juarez



I've always been a tree that loves its roots,but that afternoon I ran behind you and as I could dig up my roots; I had to find her. I had to see her again, then cut my roots and the biggest ones mutilate. Suddenly I was a tree that walked through the streets dropping my leaves and looking for you. But it was useless because little by little I felt that I was drying; the dried leaves that I pulled were like memories of my past, but to get rid of the green leaves was what really hurt me. I could not find you and in the end I was alwaysthe story of a dry tree with a heart marked by a knife in its trunk.







Josep Juarez is Mexican poet, storyteller and author. His works are "mi delirio" (2015), mi eterna carta de despedida " (2016). His poems have been translated into several languages; English, Chinese, Arabic, Serbian, Italian and German and published in several journals, from Spain, Iraq, Italy, Serbia, Colombia, Chile and Mexico. He has participated in several international anthologies in Canada, Spain, Chile, Mexico and Italy.