A New Yorker Soul By Anwer Ghani





A New Yorker Soul
Anwer Ghani


I love New York, but I am a simple man know nothing about baseball. My New Yorker soul appears in my dream as a smiling flower with long hair. Someday I will accompany a New Yorker poet on Brooklyn Bridge and collect the rain drops from Statue of Liberty. At that moment I will gladly buy "A poet in New York" from Fifth Avenue. Yes, I am a simple farmer, but I can see the soul of Empire State from my old water wheel. Believe me, I am not a big dreamer when I wish to sleep near the Central Park in that unsleeping city.










Anwer Ghani is an Iraqi poet, author, artist, editor, essayist and publisher. He was born in 1973 in Hilla. His name has appeared in many literary magazine and anthologies and he have won many prizes and awards. Anwer is the author of "Narratopoet"; (Tajdeed PH 2017), "Antipoetic Poems"; (2017), "TRUMP" (Inner Child Press 2017) and "The Narratolyric Writing";  (2017) and 40 books in literature and religious sciences in Arabic. He is the chief editor of Arcs prose poetry and Inventives magazines. Anwer is the founder of Tajdeed Literary Institute and Tajdeed Publishing House.