A DREAM OF CROOKED ODOR BY KAREEM ABDULLAH





 A DREAM OF CROOKED ODOR 
 KAREEM ABDULLAH 

I have fumbled your sweet spirit as overwhelming my lips rabbles. I breathe you as marigold that interposes my covers stained with memories which after this night, you will solely muse as a magnitude that washes my fawned colored clothes. With the wine of gypsy eyes, you ripen ardent passion.
You leak in me as Euphrates that abounds the afterbirth of this waiting as an intoxicated cascade of light penetrating my confused seasons. You flavor the arid eyes with long awaited grants of yours after old aged appeals. Your specter will remain copulating with the dreams of my night, disperse my fears, call back words and suckle my parts forgiveness and polish my crumbled mornings, so my laced canopies will pulse saying.
Welcome to you as you are kneading patience with the kohl of your beauties and planting in the chest vase your seedlings to perfume the tissues of the heart, so swallows come back to separate their dreams of my nightmares. You stamp the fluttering of your wings on my embalmed doors. O Bliss of your shadow.
I bequeathed you loaves, wet with smell of hunger snapping at me. Scoop up your bucket with the leftover of the stuttering of my scared wells, overtake the heights of the pale sadness, overtake fears, chanting you are. Come on and accumulate in my poems overflowed with your breaths. 
Blind were my wings, hardened, knowing no directions. The day I left my galaxies to fall, marginalized by the throes of labor and collapsed were the pupils of the morning eyes, chewing the nectar of your ecstasy and my rivers overflowed with losing, the hermit's corpse sprouts.





 Translated from Arabic  by John H. Smith

Kareem Abdullah, is an Iraqi poet and writer. He was born in Baghdad in 1962. Kareem Abdullah is the author of "Baghdad in Her New dress" ( 2015 Book House). His name had appeared in many important Arabian literary magazine and he won Tajdeed prose poetry prize in 2016 .Kareem has eight poetry collections in Arabic and his poetry was translated for many languages.