Wall deceit

Jawad Zainy



How is this wall spiting me? He is a slyer, exerts deadlock in my attendance, and pretends that he has no life, but I'm hearing his dim intermittent breaths. I know certainly that he has a slender hearing, sharp sight and fluent tongue in spite of pretension of muteness. He still insist on ignorance my daily talk with him. Whenever I draw my lonely sad face, he smiles. The aging features of my father picture- which is fixed lonely on it- are changing every day, until my father backs as a young face .I know certainly that my father was dead, but this wall is still deceiving me with the pulse!





 Jawad Zainy ( b. 1966)
Jawad.H.Zainy is an Iraqi poet, born in 1966 in Annajaf city. He is one of the minimalist in Arabic poetry, and in 2016, he won Tajdeed minimalism poetry prize. His name appeared in Tajdeed magazine, an Arabic prose poem magazine.