The Thief

Riadh Alfatlawi

Why  do you steal my dreams ? And stuttering as an intimate friend. You broke  all  my boats, and closed the windows of my sea with your back scales. You wash me on a smooth rock, and upend me by a red hand.  You touch me with two different adjacent eyes, one is a green soft-textured eye and the other is yellow, which slices my body on  dispersed letters. Let days upend me as they like. Take all my things and do not break my mirror at the moment of immersion between my breaths, as though you close  the air inlets in the lung of tomorrow. My sun still shines over my prose leaflets, and a plant around the waiting, where I see my destiny.






Riadh Afatlawi (b.1972)
Riadh Mshi Afatlawi is an Iraqi poet, born in 1972 in Alkufa city. His name appeared in Tajdeed magazine , an Arabic prose poem magazine. He published many poetry collections in Arabic in 2016 and 2017.