The Gypsy Girl By Anwer Ghani







I like the quiet lakes and their reviving breeze, where the water’s eyes are always sleepy. You can't imagine its red cheek in the winter nights. I remember when my mother had made a nice hat for it. My mother is so expert in the seasonal souls and she told me that the autumn is a gypsy girl. I didn't see autumn, but I am sure that my mother saw her because she described her face precisely. She told me that autumn is flying between the trees’ branches as a small bird and leaving her veil weaving airily in our souls. Sometimes I feel that autumn is a fairy and you may see her stormy tale swimming deeply in our dreams’ water.









 Anwer Ghani is an Iraqi poet and writer. He was born in 1973 in Hilla. His name has appeared in  Otoliths, Adelaide, November Bees, Dodging, Zarf, Peacock, Eunioa, Rabbit and many others He is the author of "Narratopoet"; (Inventives Cloud 2017), "Antipoetic Poems"; (Creat Spacee 2017), "TRUMP"; a poetry collection, (Inner Child Press 2017) and "The Narratolyric Writing"; essays (Smashwords 2017).. Anwer had 40 books in literature and religious sciences in Arabic. He is the chief editor of Arcs prose poetry magazine.